28 November, 2010

One Week Completed!

Yesterday I completed one week without my beloved sugar.  I've lost two pounds this week, and I do attribute all of it to my ban on sweets.  I've found that so much of my diet was made up of sugar, that I have had little interest in food!  Isn't that just...SAD? 

I'd wake up in the morning and because my choices of food for the day did not include sugary cereal, a sweet coffee-drink from Starbucks, or a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, I was not very interested in eating.  I mean, who can get excited about scrambled eggs or squash?  Now, I do love healthy food...it's just a change for me to eat it all day long with no dessert to look forward to after dinner.   

I had expected that eliminating sweets would have the effect of making my moods more...stable.  I have a bit of a temper and I let little things get to me.  It's one of the things I like least about myself - I even like my thighs more than my moodiness.  And that's saying something!

Maybe it will take a while without sugar to get my body back in balance.  Today I went shopping (which I hate doing) for jeans because all of my nice jeans are one size too small.  The only jeans I've found that fit me are Joe's (really really expensive) and this one style at Express.  Well, they didn't have my size at Express and I was so disappointed that I got into my car and cried for like 5 minutes.  Very weird, even for me.

So, tonight I will have no dessert and I have no new jeans.  Hopefully next week (1) Express will have my size in stock and (2) I won't be so emotional.  Sheesh.  I don't know how my husband puts up with me sometimes!

~TooSweetMiriahJane

No comments:

Post a Comment